User:JWSchmidt/Blog/23 January 2007
Neutral point of view
If Wikiversity is going to be a place for research then we need to deal with "foundation issues". It is probably time to get serious about Wikiversity:Disclosures, Wikiversity:Scholarly ethics and Wikiversity:Review board.
I continue to work on the portals (master list). In the past five days I have converted 9 portals to the "editable box" format with featured content. These portals still need to be converted to the "editable box" format:
Research, Professions, Media, Learning Projects, Learning Materials.
User page cleanup
I have been trying to clean up my user page by off-loading some of the clutter to blog pages.
Someday I hope to have time to get back to the task of helping build Wikibooks textbooks for biology.
- b:Human Physiology
- b:Cognitive Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience/Memory
- b:Consciousness Studies
- b:Unsolved problems in biology
- Need to start b:Developmental biology
Link to Wikiversity
We need to continue to make links from Wikipedia pages to Wikiversity.
- Distance education
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Alternative education
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Education
- Also see: User:JWSchmidt/links
Odds and ends
Ideas that need follow-up:
- "the goals of the community and the goals of the project aren't always in line with one another" - User:Sebmol August 18, 2006
- On the the Wikiversity student:teacher ratio, "It will always be 1:1, each participant learns, everyone teaches."