User:Blondlox/Creativity and Mindfulness
Mindfulness is the ability to align one's self with a desired way of life, it provides the ability to be free from social norms and pressures felt from peers.
- The process of creativity can flourish without fear.
- Mindfulness can benefit the process of Creativity[explain? ].
- Through the Broaden and Build theory, creativity can flourish through the upward spiral of emotions.
- Mindfulness and creativity are both related to openness and flexibility which allow for the consideration of different and altering perspectives.
Research Summary 
- Mindfulness will have a positive effect on the creative process and product.
- Mindfulness will be effective across all domains of the creative process.
University students enrolled in three units, which assess creativity as part of the major assessment (ie. writing, art, and architecture/design).
A 3x2x2 mixed group design: participants in each unit will be separated into two groups (control and a mindfulness training group). The participant’s will fill out questionnaires, looking at mindfulness (TEST TYPE) and on their creativity (TEST TYPE), at the beginning of the class and after they submit their final assessment. A further written self-report evaluating their creativity process on assessment will be conducted on unit completion.
Discussion Questions 
- Brown, T. (2008) Tim Brown on Creativity and play. [video] http://www.ted.com/talks/tim_brown_on_creativity_and_play.html
- Runco, M. A. (2007). Creativity theories and themes: research, development, and practice. Elsevier Academic Press: USA.
See also 
- Mindfulness - Motivation and Emotion Text Book
- Creativity - Motivation and Emotion Text Book