09-30-2010 - csmith1994 has undertaken a massive overhaul of the course. Stay tuned!
This course will be an introduction to programming objects (mainly shapes, but images can be imported as well). In this course, we will be frequently be using Processing, an open source programming environment which is essentially a simplified Java. You MUST download it. There are no alternative environments usable for this course.
In this course you will learn:
- How to draw images that can be interactive
- How to program images
- How to set these images to interact with each other
- How to export these "sketches" as programs usable in Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux
The majority of this course is based on Learning Processing by Daniel Shiffman.
Background articles at Wikipedia –
- Object Oriented Software Design- Some materials have started accumulating over at Software Engineering
- MediaWiki - It may be possible to map MediaWiki and even Wikiversity itself using UML
- Learning Objects - Like all objects Learning objects are little packets, in this case, of educational materials designed to be easy to produce, package, distribute, find, sort, use, and so on.
- UML - this is a proposed local learning resource about the Unified Modeling Language geared toward Wikiversity use.
Subdivisions contain several departments. Departments are pages in the Topic namespace) and their names start with the "Topic:" prefix. Individual departments can be used by multiple schools. Schools that use (link to) the same department should cooperate to develop the department.
- Learning Object Taskforce - Applied Computer Science Practicum
- Object-relational databases - A study of Databases tempered toward Object Oriented Software Design
The histories of Wikiversity pages indicate who the active participants are. If you are an active participant in this subdivision, you can list your name here (this can help small subdivisions grow and the participants communicate better; for large subdivisions a list of active participants is not needed).
- CQ • Approaching Object Science from the Perl Object Environment, Unified Modeling Language and Audio Engineering for developing dynamic, artistic, quazi-scientific Learning Objects for Music.
- User:Mirwin Learning Java and studying object oriented software design. Particularly interested in distributed computer via java applets. Participating at w:FreeRails to get some practical handson exposure to open source development while studying.
- Rizzy (Computer Science, OOP, Software Engineering, Web Development)
- csmith1994 I will try to contribute my knowledge on the subject. Mainly I will post an introduction to OOP