Welcome to the Wikiversity Division of Genetics.
Subdivisions and departments
Like divisions, subdivisions and departments are pages in the (Topic namespace) and their names start with the "Topic:" prefix. Individual departments can be used by multiple schools. Schools that use (link to) the same department should cooperate to develop the department. Subdivisions are used by large divisions to help organize related departments. Not all divisions have subdivisions. If you need a subdivision in your division, you can use the Template:Subdivision boilerplate to start a subdivision.
Some likely topics are included in the gene project template below. Feel free to add yours.
Courses, projects, and resources
- Gene project
- Introduction to Genetics
- Molecular evolution
- Overview of General Genetics
- Wikiversity Genomics Database
More courses, projects, and resources are listed in the gene project template below, or in the biology, botany, or zoology resources templates.
The histories of Wikiversity pages indicate who the active participants are. If you are an active participant in this division, you can list your name here (this can help small divisions grow and the participants communicate better; for large divisions a list of active participants is not needed).
- TheVividDream 19:47, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
- A. Friedman 13 October 2008
- --Marshallsumter (discuss • contribs) 21:49, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- June 2014 Gene project begun!
- October 2008 Wikiversity Genomics Database (WGD) Created!
- August 26, 2006 - Division founded!
- November 2008 Social Interactions Can Alter Gene Expression In Brain, And Vice Versa
- September 2008 Faster, Cheaper Way Of Analyzing The Human Genome Developed
- March 2008 Gene Sweeps Yield Discoveries
- March 2008 First study hints at insights to come from genes unique to humans
- March 2007 Researchers find 1 gene controls perception of pain, and it may lead to new family of pain medications.