|because formatting could be improved and information condensed.
Please edit this page to improve it. See this module's talk page for discussion.
|Start the page name for a department with the "Topic:" prefix; departments reside in the Topic: namespace. Wikiversity departments can be "contained" (linked to) by multiple schools. If two schools link to the same department they should cooperate to develop the department. See: Wikiversity:Naming conventions.|
Welcome to the Department of Biochemistry!
Biochemistry is the study of the chemistry of living beings.
This department gathers and organizes contents on Biochemistry. Biochemistry being a laboratory-based subject, it will be hard for you to do anything practical with this.
Department news 
- Date founded - April 24, 2007
Developed a curriculum of sorts, set more like a collection of themes and resource links, which hopefully can help organize your thoughts about biochemistry. Improve it.
Biochemistry for the Chemistry Course is discussed here.
- Pharmacy and Medical Biochemistry
- Biochemistry for Biology
- Poisson–Boltzmann profile for an ion channel
|Wikiversity has adopted the "learning by doing" model for education. Lessons should center on learning activities for Wikiversity participants. Learning materials and learning projects can be used by multiple departments. Cooperate with other departments that use the same learning resource.|
Learning materials 
Learning projects 
|Learning materials and learning projects are located in the main Wikiversity namespace. Simply make a link to the name of the lesson (lessons are independent pages in the main namespace) and start writing!
Remember, Wikiversity has adopted the "learning by doing" model for education. Lessons should center on learning activities for Wikiversity participants. We learn by doing.
- General Biochemistry
- Advanced Biochemistry
- Physical Biochemistry
- Protein structure and folding
- Vitalism - Is vitalism dead? Is mechanicism firmly established? Are all life processes, including consciousness, emotions, feelings (sentiments), and the sense of being oneself (Self) chemical and organic processes and functions, as neurologist António Damásio says (, , )? Is there a life force that drives the processes of the emergence of life on Earth, growth, tissue differentiation, morphogenesis () and of tissue repair? Something like the egyptians Ka () ? It's true that the controversy between materialism and idealisms has thousands of years and is likely to stay around; but what do you think yourself?
- Replacement of phosphorus by arsenic in living organisms
Works in progress - these texts are currently at b:__Department Name___:
Online Books 
Paper Books 
- Nelson DL, Cox MM. "Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry". Worth Publishers. New York.
- Osgood M, Ocorr K. "The Absolute, Ultimate Guide to Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry
Study Guide and Solution Manual". Worth Publishers. New York. 2000. ISBN 007-1256300-9.
Active participants 
|The histories of Wikiversity pages indicate who the active participants are. If you are an active participant in this department, you can list your name here (this can help small departments grow and the participants communicate better; for large departments a list of active participants is not needed).|
- Renato Bauab