Welcome to Adobe Flash ActionScript! I'm glad you've decided to try and learn ActionScript, it is truly a wonderful programming language with plenty of potential in the domain of interactive media.
Firstly, I would like to introduce myself, as teachers do. I am Raven Storm, a young Canadian programmer who has been working in ActionScript for over three years. I have plenty of free time that I've turned into a lot of experience. As an active member of the WikiMedia community, I would like to contribute in whatever way I can by creating this basic tutorial.
So let's get started, shall we?
Since ActionScript is a basic scripting language, there is no real need for any programming experience prior to this tutorial. Basic knowledge of HTML and computers in general are a plus!
Learning materials and learning projects are located in the main Wikiversity namespace. Simply make a link to the name of the learning project (learning projects are independent pages in the main namespace) and start writing!
This tutorial will cover everything you need to get started. There are plenty of tutorials out there that cover complex and specific engines created in ActionScript: this is not (yet) a congolomeration of these tutorials (see websites like Kirupa.com, Flashkit Tutorials, ActionScript.org Tutorials) but an introduction to ActionScript so that you can understand those tutorials!
Please sign below if you are participating in this topic. Use 4 tildes (~) to sign.
- Ravenstorm 01:20, 27 September 2006 (UTC)
- 220.127.116.11 17:55, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
- --Xora 18:34, 9 April 2007 (UTC)
- --Kortex 20:54, 14 December 2007 (UTC)
- --Cecil 00:29, 11 May 2008 (UTC)
- --Gazooks113 01:35, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
- --Thomas Bebbington18.104.22.168 06:23, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
- --k.krishnakanth reddy
- Hughveal (discuss • contribs) 16:28, 11 March 2014 (UTC)hughveal12:27, 11 March 2014 (UTC)
- Programming:Action script - at Wikibooks