Student Collaboration: Africa Project
Aims and Objectives of the project
This project is a collaboration of students. The project is designed to demonstrate the extent to which online collaboration gives voice to previously unheard voices.
Introduction to Peace Studies and Research in Africa
- What is the focus of your studies in Africa?
While studying Peace in Africa, we should focus on both the traditional and post-modern realities of African land. The way African people relate and solve their conflictual issues is different from other people world wide. With regard to the genocide that happened in Rwanda in 1994, we may not be right to assume that we may use any methods from Europe or Asia while solving the interpersonal problems and use them to reconcile the Rwandans conflict analysis training course (2008) In this regard, Peace in Africa is multidimensional and requires various interventions: human security by the government and non-state actors, regional security and defense by the police and the military, and solving inter-tribal loggerheads. This needs to take holistic approach by building coalition networks.
I argue that African political and military elites together with the affected populations have the power and potentials to bring about peace in their local areas especially in the Sub-Saharan Africa. We shall look at it in more details in the upcoming days.
Posted by Nelson Juve Mugarura, Human Rights Advocate -- The researcher worked on human rights and peace building in Africa and has authored The Impact of World Vision on child protection rights in Rwanda 2000-2005
- What learning materials are used to study in Africa? to study peace in Africa?
- What texts have you read when studying in Africa? when studying peace in Africa?
- What are some of the activities (inside and outside the classroom) that support your learning in Africa? that support learning about peace in Africa?
- What do you plan to do when you complete your studies in Africa?
- Education in the Middle East and North Africa (Wikipedia)