Static electricity/High Voltage Probe
The HP High Voltage Divider Probe (Model 3411A) is to be used to extend a DC voltmeter's measurement range by a factor of 1000.
- A manual for it can be found here
- It is recommended that the operation section of the manual be read for safe operation
The probe is designed to allow a normal voltmeter, such as one that has a range of 0-20 volts, to measure voltages 1000 times the original, extending the range to 0-20k volts.
- Maximum Voltage: 40k volts
- A division ratio of 1000:1, meaning any voltage measured will be stepped down by a factor of 1000.
- The voltmeter will read out should be multiplied by 1000, so If 15.2 is displayed, it means the voltage measured is 15200 volts.
- Hook up the COM lead to the voltmeter common (ground) and input terminals.
- Ensure to clamp the earth ground lead to an earth ground, such as a grounded metal door frame.