Social psychology and population density
Human population density has rapidly increased in recent centuries and decades.
What are the socio-psychological effects of crowding and high population density?
- Theory? (e.g., evolutionary psychology, environmental psychology)
- Animal studies? (ethically, can be difficult to obtain human studies)
- Environmental psychology chapters/textbooks usually cover this topic
- International comparative life satisfaction and happiness studies often compare on this variable (population density)
- Consider, how important is this factor? Critique e.g., what about places with high population density and relatively few social problems?