Fire and emergency management/Department Message Board
< Fire and emergency management(Redirected from School:Fire and Emergency Management/Department Message Board)
Here you can post questions, discussions, comments, or initiate debate. Please remember to post your name for replies.
What are your thoughts on the Open Source Project concept? What do you see as the strengths or weaknesses?
- I see nothing but pluses because fire safety should be everyone's concern not just those that want to make a buck, quick or not.
Need help with a class or need additional help preparing for a promotional or certification test? Post here for a tutor or mentor.
If you would like to see something added, please post here
- How is the Australian fire service funded? - Australia has over 16 different fire services (Metro and country in all 8 states and territories), which range from government funded, partially funded and completely fundraising funded... Which Service / Australian State do you want to know about?
- This is a very cool site but this note asserts ownership and is antithetical to the Wiki process because it implies a limited ability of the viewer to contribute. I suggest that you reframe your work here to make this a true Wiki - encouraging visitors to contribute bold edits.
- (conflict) I don't know about the other wp projects, but the english wikipedia absolutely has a 'requests' page for missing articles. Just because someone recognizes that information is missing form an article does not necessarily mean they have the knowledge to add it themselves; chances are, they noticed it was missing because they were looking for it. There's nothing about this section that implies any sort of ownership or violates wiki philosophy in anyway. This is a forum to bring attention to those who feel like putting the time in to editing the articles in question. If you disagree, take it up with me on the english wp. Also, please sign your posts. - Shaggorama 02:57, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
- Is it likely that the folks from IFSTA might consider posting some of their manuals here?