Other Free Learning Resources
This project (formerly the "Hunter-gatherers project") aims to find, list, and evaluate Internet learning resources that anyone can freely access and use. We encourage you to discuss and explore ways to integrate these resources with Wikiversity courses. These are important tasks and essential aspects of Wikiversity's purpose.
Other lists of on-line resources:
- Public Health Strategies for HIV
- Educational Videos
- Free license music
- List of academic databases and search engines
- List of educational video websites
0 - 9
- 120 Minutes with JTS (Jewish Theological Seminary): A wide variety of Jewish topics, many of general interest to students of world history.
A - D
- Academia Thules, a site that offers courses about ancient Rome and ancient Roman reenactment
- Academic Earth, a site containing video courses from various Universities and Lecturers.
- Access Excellence Activities Collections
- Bioscience Education
- BBC: Colin And Cumberland - An interactive game that teaches elementary Gaelic
- BBC: OU offers free learning materials
- Big History - An Introduction to Everything
- Brand Management Study Guide - A complete tutorial on Brand Management.
- Beyond Intractability - Lots of essays about constructive approaches to dealing with conflict.
- ByMath: Algebra (text)
- ByMath: Basic Arithmetic (text)
- Cell Biology and Cancer Activities
- Colorado Education Resources in Environmental Sciences
- Conflict Resolution Information Source
- Connexions - free scholarly materials, Creative Commons Attribution 2.0
E - H
- ECGpedia - free online electrocardiography (ECG) course and textbook.
- edHelper - on-line lessons paid subscriptions, but can be viewed for ideas.
- EdX is a joint partnership between The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard University to offer online learning to millions of people around the world.
- The Floating University - Released by Big Think to distribute big ideas.
- Free University
- GeoGebra - Similar Figures manipulation for 6th grade math
- Gentoo Linux Wiki
- Goodwill Community Foundation Learn Free
- Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment
- HippoCampus The goal of HippoCampus is to provide high-quality, multimedia content on general education subjects to high school and college students free of charge. HippoCampus was designed as part of Open Education Resources (OER), a worldwide effort to improve access to quality education for everyone.
- Strategies for Teaching History University of California Santa Barbara
- Higher Still Notes Full Course Notes for Scottish Higher Courses
- Humiliation Studies Network list of open education resources.
I - L
- Issuelab Online publishing forum for nonprofit research licensed under CC-BY-SA[?].
- Internet FAQ Archives
- Khan Academy with the mission of providing a world-class education to anyone, anywhere. It has more than 1800 videos on math, biology, chemistry and more.
- The Linux Documentation Project
M - P
- The Manpollo Project Videos and information that teach about science and global climate change; could be very useful for a younger-age science class or a global climate change resource
- Math Drills Math worksheets for elementary and middle school
- Math Solutions Math by Marilyn Burns
- Math Village Teaching materials for middle school math
- The University of Michigan Initiative on Disability Studies courses are available here
- Monterey Institute for Technology and Education - An educational non-profit organization committed to improving access to education.
- National Repository of On-line Courses (NROC) - Project supports the development and distribution of high-quality on-line courses to a worldwide audience.
- University of Nebraska Lincoln Digital Commons
- Ocean resource center
- OER Commons
- Open courseware finder
- MIT OpenCourseWare
- Tokyo Institute of Technology OpenCourseWare
- Tufts OpenCourseWare
- Utah State University OpenCourseWare
- OpenLearn: access to Open University course materials under a Creative Commons licence
- Physics Forums: An Introduction to PH and Buffer Solution Calculations (text)
Q - T
- Request for Comments - Documentation for Internet protocols
- Saylor.org is a free and open collection of college level courses.
- Ted Ed Lessons Worth Sharing
- Science Education Links
- Scientific Methods
- Standford Introduction to General Relativity (video)(pdf)
- Tools for Structural Biology Education
- Scientist.By Community: Educational Webinars
- Questgarden - webquest activities for a range of ages and study areas
U - X
- Visual Calculus is a very good introduction to single variable calculus with explanations and exercises made with flash.
- The Whole Frog Project
- World Wide Web Consortium
- The WWW Virtual Library
- W3 Schools On-line Web Tutorials
- The Wolfram Demonstrations Project - is an open-code resource that uses dynamic computation to illuminate concepts in science, technology, mathematics, art, finance, and other fields.
- The Xorg Foundation
Y - Z