Motivation and emotion/Lectures/Brain and physiological needs
Lecture 3: Brain and physiological needs
This 2013 lecture is complete.
This lecture explains the role of brain structure, neurotransmitters, and hormones in regulating motivational drives and discusses physiological needs, particularly thirst, hunger, and sex.
- Your brain is more than a bag of chemicals (David Anderson, 2013, TED talk)
- Sex, lies and pharmaceuticals (Life Matters, ABC radio, Sept 1, 2010) - Book
- Chapter 3: The motivated and emotional brain (Reeve, 2009)
- Chapter 4: Physiological needs (Reeve, 2009)
- Lecture slides (Slideshare)
- 2013 handouts:
These are the 2013 lecture recordings: