The Unformatted Movie Script
"Seduced by the Dark Side!"
EXTERIOR - The local movie theater - NIGHT
(1) The Young Person and Old Person stand looking at the movie poster outside the theater.
The "Dancing Fairies" music begins to play.
Slowly dolly in as music builds.
A smile begins to form on the young persons face.
Cut to the poster and dolly in slowly.
The "Dancing Fairies" music morphs into the Star Wars theme.
(2) Young Person: "That was a great movie..."
Cut to a side view as the Star Wars music begins to fade to street noise.
(3) Young Person (contined): "but I do not understand one thing."
The young person;s head turns to the older person.
(4) Old Person: "What's that?"
Wide angle shot to show emotional distance between the two characters.
(5) Young Person: "How can anyone be seduced by the Dark Side?"
Immediately a dark cord plays.
(6) The old person thinks for a while. Old Person: "Humm!"
Thinking very slowly.
Music: The music starts with "thinking music" and then morphs into to "fairie music". Finally, the music comes to a sharp halt.
(7a) Old Person: "What computer do you..."
(7b) Old Person(off camera): "... have at home?"
Cut in mid sentence to see the young person's anticipation.
(8) Young Person (eagerly): "A Macintosh!"
The young person's face lights up with excitement.
(9) Old Person: "But what computer does your father use at work?"
Military music for thoughts of father.
(10) The young person thinks for a moment. Young Person: "Humm!"
Music: The music starts as thinking music and shifts to fairy music and then ends with the Star Wars theme.
(11) Young Person (amazed and excited): "Seduced by the Dark Side!"
Full Star Wars theme
(12) The Old Person smiles. Old Person: "Ahh!"
The face lights with a knowing smile as the fairy music starts again.
(13) Old Person and the Young Person walk toward home together.
Lock the camera for a matte painting.
The camera remains locked. When the matte painting is added, the shot will look like this:
(14) Fade to Black.
- The End