These lessons on film scoring are under construction this month
These instructions are designed for GarageBand 3 plus the sounds of a symphony orchestra.
GarageBand is easy and fast yet powerful enough to do film scoring.
Please, tell me if you find anything as good!
Lesson #03 - Create the sound of drama with melodies!
Lesson Summary - Melody
- Melodies do many things
- Single notes and simple rhythms create moods. A melody also creates a moods. But it also can do much more.
- Melodies create moods.
- Melodies can narrate a scene. That is because some melodies can tell a story.
- A melody be identified with a person, action, or thought.
- All music, specially melodies, can create continuity in a motion picture.
In this lesson
- In this lesson, you will create:
- 1. Simple melodies
- 2. Melodies which tell a story
- 3. Melodies which are motivs.
- 4. Melodies which create continuity
Shortcuts to the other music lessons for film scoring: The Introduction → "Fear" → "Joy" → "Drama" → The Workshop
This lesson is part of the
course on film scoring