Introductions Activity (basic)
As a beginner, I want to start from the begining to have good english basic.
Activity Type 
Communicative speaking; intonation practice
Language Structures and Functions 
- Structures: Present "be" form
- Functions: Introducing self/others; asking for and giving information
Estimated Time Required 
Print enough copies of dialog strips for students
Activity Plan 
- Warm-up: (If being used in conjunction with "New Dynamic English" software) Have Ss listen to the introductions and information for Max, Kathy and Pierre. Ss listen and repeat the phrases they hear.
- Step 1: Hand out dialog strips to Ss. Tell each S to fill his/her name for the "A" speaker.
- Step 2: Have Ss individually practice the entire conversation quietly. Draw attention to the downward intonation of the "where" question.
- Step 3: Explain to Ss that they need to practice the conversation with a partner and write their partner's information for the "B" speaker, and that they must practice the conversation until they can do it without looking at the dialog.
- Step 4: Tell Ss that after they have mastered the dialog, they must introduce each other to the teacher without using the dialog.
Dialog strips for Introduction
Introduce yourself to your partner. Then switch roles.
|A: Hi, I'm __hameed____________.|
|B: Hello, my name is hameed khan ______________.|
|A: Nice to meet you.|
|B: Nice to meet you too.|
|A: Where||are you from?
do you come from?
|B:||I'm from _kabul ____________.
I come from __nanagarhar ____________.
Now introduce your partner to the teacher
|This is ______________.||He's/She's from ______________.
He/She comes from ______________.
--Stevesilsbee 06:17, 19 March 2008 (UTC)