Introduction to Programming Logic/Key Terms
- Data or variables that are being sent to another block of code
- Code Block
- A section of code that can usually be pointed to or called from another section
- Lines that are ignored by the compiler or interpreter that allow the programmer to explain code that may otherwise be confusing
- See comments
- A system of binary decisions that lead to specific code blocks to be executed.
- A way of organizing code so that related tasks are completed together thus allowing code to be re-used, or called from other code areas.
- Procedure Call
- Where one block of code is executed within another. This technique can be used as a way to prevent redundancy and optimize code execution
- A way of describing an algorithm using programming conventions in plain English rather than code.