Informatic Communication Technologies
Welcome to this learning project about Informatic Communication Technologies! If you want to collaborate on it, please read the guidelines!!!
Learning Project Summary
- Project code:
- Suggested Prerequisites: none
- Time investment: roughly 25 hours
- Assessment suggestions:
- Portal: Engineering and Technology, Media, Interdisciplnary Studies
- School: Telecommunications, Media Studies, Media, Information, Cognition
- Level: Basic (introductory course)
Informatic Communication basic overview. Basic services present in Digital Television, Digital Radio, Digital Telephony and Internet.
The goal of this course is to give a superficial view of informatic communication technologies: infra-structure, content and protocols. At the end of the course, students are expected to understand most of the internet basic services, as well as services from digital tv, digital radio and digital telephony.
- World Revolution: Analog to Digital
- Computers and Interfaces
- The building of Internet
- Services: Life in the Network
- Networking Networks: Digitalizing Radio, TV and Telephones
- What is to come?
- ICT:01a from analog to digital, from information to informatics
- ICT:02a computer systems and interfaces: from hardware to software layer
- ICT:02b computer systems and interfaces: CLI, processes, programs
- ICT:02c computer systems and interfaces: GUI, DE, Widgets
- ICT:02d computer systems and interfaces: the desktop metaphor and beyond
- ICT:03a internet: a hacked story
- ICT:03b internet: the structure within
- ICT:04a life in the network: before the www
- ICT:04b life in the network: the WorldWideWeb
- ICT:04c life in the network: Web feeds
- ICT:04d life in the network: Blogs, Flogs, Vlogs
- ICT:04e life in the network: Search Engines
- ICT:04f life in the network: e-Mail service
- ICT:04g life in the network: Instant Messaging protocols
- ICT:04h life in the network: Peer-to-Peer filesharing networks
- ICT:05a converging networks: from radiofrequency to digital radio
- ICT:05b converging networks: from radiofrequency to digital television
- ICT:05c converging networks: from wired telephones to VoIP
- ICT:05d converging networks: from analogic cell phones to 4G
- ICT:06a speaking of the future: wireless?
- ICT:06b speaking of the future: what is the web2.0?
- ICT:06c speaking of the future: why open source?
- ICT:06d speaking of the future: WikiWikiWiki
- ICT:06e speaking of the future: Social Networks
- ICT:06f speaking of the future: Online Repositories
Readings and other resources
Tests and Quizzes
Subpages can be created - like /concepts (for concepts involved in this learning project)
Active participants in this Learning Group