This is a quiz for students between U.S. grades 5-8.
1. What do we call the way the Earth constantly recycles rocks?
2. Which of these is NOT a mineral property?
3. Which type of rock is formed from cooled melted rock?
4. Which type of rock means rock that has changed after being baked and/or squeezed?
5. Which type of rock is formed from little bits of rock that have been cemented together?
6. Where does intrusive igneous rock form?
7. Where does extrusive igneous rock form?
8. For minerals, what does the Mohs scale measure?
9. What is streak?
10. Which value on the Mohs scale corresponds to the softest minerals?
11. Which value on the Mohs scale corresponds to the hardest minerals?
12. Which of these minerals has a Mohs value of 1?
13. Which of these minerals has a Mohs value of 10?
14. A mineral that breaks cleanly along smooth planes has
15. A mineral that doesn't break cleanly along smooth planes has
16. How can you tell whether an igneous rock formed above or below ground?
17. Which type of igneous rock generally has larger grains?
18. Which of the following is correctly arranged in order of increasing grain size?