Genetics involves the expression, transmission, and variation of inherited characteristics.
- 1 Notation
- 2 Universals
- 3 Proof of concept
- 4 Control group
- 5 Biology
- 6 Botany
- 7 Zoology
- 8 Paleontology
- 9 Theory of genetics
- 10 Biochemistry
- 11 Evolutionary genetics
- 12 Optogenetics
- 13 Population genetics
- 14 Quantitative genetics
- 15 Hydrogen
- 16 Lithium
- 17 Beryllium
- 18 Boron
- 19 Carbon
- 20 Nitrogen
- 21 Oxygen
- 22 Phosphorus
- 23 Phosphate biochemistry
- 24 Geography
- 25 History
- 26 Mathematics
- 27 Physics
- 28 Technology
- 29 See also
- 30 References
- 31 Further reading
- 32 External links
Notation: let the symbol Def. indicate that a definition is following.
Notation: let the symbols between [ and ] be replacement for that portion of a quoted text.
Notation: let the symbol ... indicate unneeded portion of a quoted text.
Sometimes these are combined as [...] to indicate that text has been replaced by ....
To help with definitions, their meanings and intents, there is the learning resource theory of definition.
Proof of concept
Def. evidence that demonstrates that a concept is possible is called proof of concept.
The proof-of-concept structure consists of
- findings, and
The findings demonstrate a statistically systematic change from the status quo or the control group.
Cavia porcellus may be derived from Cavia tschudii.
Theory of genetics
Def. a "branch of biology that deals with the transmission and variation of inherited characteristics, in particular chromosomes and DNA" is called genetics.
Def. a "science that combines optics and genetics to probe neural circuits" is called optogenetics.
Def. the "study of the allele frequency distribution and change under the influence of the four evolutionary processes: natural selection, genetic drift, mutation and gene flow" is called population genetics.
- "proof of concept, In: Wiktionary". San Francisco, California: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. November 10, 2012. Retrieved 2013-01-13.
- Ginger Lehrman and Ian B Hogue, Sarah Palmer, Cheryl Jennings, Celsa A Spina, Ann Wiegand, Alan L Landay, Robert W Coombs, Douglas D Richman, John W Mellors, John M Coffin, Ronald J Bosch, David M Margolis (August 13, 2005). "Depletion of latent HIV-1 infection in vivo: a proof-of-concept study". Lancet 366 (9485): 549-55. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(05)67098-5. Retrieved on 2012-05-09.
- "genetics, In: Wiktionary". San Francisco, California: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. April 16. 2014. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
- "optogenetics, In: Wiktionary". San Francisco, California: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. January 30, 2014. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
- "population genetics, In: Wiktionary". San Francisco, California: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. August 18, 2009. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
- African Journals Online
- Bing Advanced search
- GenomeNet KEGG database
- Google Books
- Google scholar Advanced Scholar Search
- Home - Gene - NCBI
- Lycos search
- NCBI All Databases Search
- NCBI Site Search
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information
- PubChem Public Chemical Database
- Questia - The Online Library of Books and Journals
- SAGE journals online
- Scirus for scientific information only advanced search
- Taylor & Francis Online
- WikiDoc The Living Textbook of Medicine
- Wiley Online Library Advanced Search
- Yahoo Advanced Web Search
Learn more about Genetics