Wikiversity:Course titles and numbers
This is not a formally accepted policy of Wikiversity and is open to discussion. Please edit as necessary the course level section and discuss major changes in the talk section. Thank you.
This proposed Wikiversity policy addresses how courses should be named and numbered. Please do not use course number schemes in page names. Page names should be descriptive, and not codified.
All courses must be titled appropriately and concisely. Numbers must be structured in a logical flow and cannot be duplicated.
- Courses that have one topic must be labeled as concisely as possible. For example,
- October Revolution
- (Specifically October 1917 in Russia). The title will be as simple as stated and the Course Title will reflect where (ie. Russia).
- Courses that have a broad topic must be labeled as concisely as possible. For example,
- Russian History
- (All Russian History). The title will be as simple as stated and the Course Number will reflect where (ie. Russia).
- Courses that are broad but limited must be labeled as concisely as possible. For example,
- Russian Revolutions (1865-1917)
- (All Russian Revolutions involving the soviets)
There are 7 levels of courses offered at Wikiversity
- Secondary/High School
- Beginning University/College (AA Level)
- Advanced University (BA Level)
- Superior University | Thesis-level | Honors Project (MA Level)
- Graduate (PHD Level)
These may be further generalized as:
- Pre-College (levels 1 & 2)
- College/University (levels 3 & 4)
- Graduate (levels 5 & 6)
Academic freedom - Blocking policy - Bureaucratship - Chat channel policy - CheckUser policy - Child protection policy - Cite sources - Course Titles and Numbers - Course protection policy - Deletions - Disclosures - External links - Make no assumptions - Manual of Style - Naming conventions - Network naming conventions - Original research - Page protection templates - Polls - Respect people - Productive Forking and Tailoring is Encouraged - Real world schools - Scholarly ethics - Subpages - Username - User page - Vandalism - What Wikiversity is not - Catalyst