Welcome to the Aquaculture Learning Project.
Content summary 
Project participants develop course interdisciplinary course materials, improve wikimedia coverage of aquaculture, as well as conducting secondary (and where possible) primary research into economic, political, social and scientific aspects of aquaculture.
This learning project offers learnings activities that allow Wikiversity participants to learn the science behind aquaculture and develop knowledge and effectiveness of aquaculture "on the job" by participating in developing wikiversity (and other wikimedia) materials and conducting research.
Learning materials and learning projects are located in the main Wikiversity namespace. Simply make a link to the name of the lesson (lessons are independent pages in the main namespace) and start writing!
You should also read about the Wikiversity:Learning model. Lessons should center on learning activities for Wikiversity participants. Learning materials and learning projects can be used by multiple projects. Cooperate with other departments that use the same learning resource.
- Introduction to Aquaculture
- Farming Tuna
- Farming Salmon
- Farming Sea Bream
- Farming Sea Bass
- Farming Shrimp
- Farming Oysters
- Farming Clams
- Farming Sharks
- Farming Squid
- Farming Crab
- Farming Seaweed
- Farming Kelp
- Packaging and Storage of Aquacultural Outputs
- Develop further and improve the wikipedia w:Aquaculture page
- Incorporate aquaculture information in other wikipedia pages
- Develop Lesson 1
- Improve the wikipedia w:Aquaculture page
- Start formulating specific research questions as part of an overall project plan to create a wide ranging and in depth research report into the way forward for aquaculture
Each activity has a suggested associated background reading selection.
- Wikipedia article: w:Aquaculture
Active participants 
Active participants in this Learning Group
Learning Project Summary 
Related news 
- March 11, 2007 - Whitehouse wants to allow more aquaculture.
- Institute of Aquaculture, University of Stirling (UK)
- Centre for Environment, Fisheries & Aquaculture Science (UK)
- Aquaculture Journal
- Scottish Environmental Protection Agency website aquaculture pages
- Aquaculture Network Information Center
- World Aquaculture Society
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers technical library
- Journals of the American Fisheries Society
- American Tilapia Association
- Aquacultural Engineering Society
- Aquaculture Association of Canada
- Aquaculture Without Frontiers
- European Aquaculture Society
- Fish Culture Section of the American Fisheries Society
- Asian Fisheries Society
- Brazilian Mariculture Linkage Program
- European Association of Fish Pathologists
- UN Food and Agriculture Organisation aquaculture section
- Sea Fish Industry Authority (UK regulatory agency)
- US Marine Shrimp Farming Program
- US Freshwater Prawn and Shrimp Growers Association
- Kentucky State University Aquaculture Program
- US Trout Farmers Association
- Aquaculture resources for Oysters, Mussels and Clams