The course objective is to become proficient in and around classical Latin, with a working vocabulary without requirement of a vocabulary list. By studying classical texts by Roman authors, the student should develop a love of literature, particularly classics, and engender a perpetual interest. It should also develop within the student a wide knowledge of Ancient Rome, with its customs, history, and life.
The course materials laid out below will hopefully eventually enable any autodidactic student to study towards an A grade in the overall A level. Teachers may also find the resources helpful.
- Lesson by lesson plans outlining the course that may be consumed at will.
- Guides to Pompeii, Herculaneum and Hadrian's wall, outlining their relevancy and points of interest.
- A recommended reading list.
- Worksheets to encouarge students to think about certain aspects of the course.
- Notes on exam formats and techniques.