8:00 class/13 May 2007
This is an archive of Wikiversity current events from 13 May 2007
Colloquium summary 
Short summaries of active discussions at Wikiversity:Colloquium
- MediaWiki variables - Improving page creation templates.
- Motto and slogan: close to the end of the selection process? "set learning free" and "open learning community". Related link: Wikiversity:Motto contest.
- Problem with hide/show buttons. Related blog entry: Navigation boxes.
- common.css problem at multilingual Wikiversity hub.
Internet Relay Chat topics of the day 
Re-cap of topics discussed in #wikiversity-en.
- Using input boxes. Related link: create learning resource.
- Improving French language content.
- Proposed project: "How to check open proxies". Related links: Wikiversity:Open Proxies, Wikiversity:Service community, Meta-Wiki, Topic:MediaWiki, School:Computer science.
- Problem with navigation box collapse/expand "button" solved via IRC. Related links User:JWSchmidt/Blog/12 May 2007, User_talk:Sebmol#navigation templates, Wikiversity:Colloquium#template mystery
Email discussions and blogs 
Summaries of Email discussions and blogs with relevance to Wikiversity participants.
- New page navigation aids for Wikiversity.
- Why use wikis? blog post by Bertalan Meskó.
- Warning about cross-wiki accounts.
- Agenda watch: next Board of Trustees meeting in early June. See: m:Wikimedia meeting agendas. Will there ever be feedback from the Foundation about the proposed research guidelines?
Recent changes 
Today's trends in active editing efforts.
- Template:Navigation2 now provides quick links for access to the template from pages where it is transcluded. Example: Parkinsons Disease.
- Template:Dfoot - associate learning resources with a department.
- User:CommonsDelinker continues to edit without a bot bit. Related link: Wikiversity:Bots/Status#Commons Delinker.
- Active page: War and Iran.
- User:Kittybriton and music content creation.