8:00 class/11 May 2007
This is an archive of Wikiversity current events from 11 May 2007
Short summaries of active discussions at Wikiversity:Colloquium
- Issues with categories - using categories and page navigation tools to organize related Wikiversity pages.
- m:RFCU? - is it time for Wikiversity to have CheckUsers?
Internet Relay Chat topics of the day
Re-cap of topics discussed in #wikiversity-en.
- Discussion of how to improve Wikiversity pages so as to better serve new visitors. Related links: Wikiversity:Introduction Overhaul Taskforce, Main Page/Draft version 0.2, Topic:Wikiversity, Portal:Wikiversity
- What is the status of courses within Wikiversity?
- If asterisk and voice recording are good enough for the Wikimedia Foundation Office, are they also good enough for Wikiversity? Related links: Wiki Campus Radio, Wikiversity:Sandbox Server, Topic:VoIP. What about VoIP as a tool for a virtual Wikimania?
- Free software and Vista.
- A MOO at Wikiversity? Related links: Virtual Wikiversity, Mooversity, MOO Universities.
- New Wiki Campus Radio session plans.
Email discussions and blogs
Summaries of Email discussions and blogs with relevance to Wikiversity participants.
- Lingering comments arising from proposal to change "Wikiversity" to Wikipedia Learning. Related blog comments.
- Use strong passwords. Related links: Wikipedia Signpost, Wikiversity:Notices for custodians#Passwords.
Today's trends in active editing efforts.
- The Trentcosta financial management case study project from Georgetown University continues to be active. Is this case study copyrighted property of Georgetown University? Is this a group project or are these students cheating? Should this project be listed at Wikiversity:School and university projects#Current projects?
- Much new School of Medicine content from user Koppertone and user Palmd001
- Does Template:Welcome need an update?
- New page: Wikiversity:Adding content tutorial. Related link, Wikiversity:Introduction Overhaul Taskforce.